When you will search “PATRIOTIC MOVIES” you will find a lot of good movies that you have probably watched like a 100 times but still shed tears watching it again. At that moment of time you will think “how brave of them” but here “them” refers to the actor which is staring in the film.
Don’t freak out but this is the truth. Nowadays we watch movies because of the actor and actress, to see their chemistry and not because of some stupid “patriotism” (feel the sarcasm).
We might feel hurt when we are actually watching the movies or for some hours but what after that? Why do people make movies anyways other than entertainment purpose? A lot of people make movies to highlight some basic events that happened that we should know and they make movies to highlight problems that we handle living in a society but what have we done after watching them? Nothing maybe!!
Problem is not the movies. The actual problem is that we are forgetting the real meaning of patriotism.
But what is patriotism anyways? It’s the love and support we have for our country. The sacrifice we make for our country.
I know that everyone is not blessed to sacrifice themselves for their country like our soldiers do on the borders but there are things that we can do or “things” we can sacrifice to show our support to our country.
There are a lot of things one can do to show their love for their country. Such as:
1. Respect our National Symbols – The respect we give to our national symbols shows how much we respect our country.
2. Not Breaking Rules – How much we obey the rules show how much we respect our laws.
3. Practicing Gender Equality – As the world is modernizing we should also cope up with it and normalize gender equality.
4. Appreciate Unity in Diversity – As we live in India we know that India is a country with variety of people so we should respect other people religion and culture.
5. Respect our Soldiers – They deserve to be respected as they live in harsh climates to protect our country from enemies. We cannot be like them but at least we can give them the respect that they deserve.
6. Not Insulting other Countries – Even if we love our country soo much so that doesn’t give us any right to disrespect someone else’s country. Loving your own motherland doesn’t mean that you need to hate other countries or try to put them down.
These are few things we can do as being a citizen of a country to show patriotism.
Speaking in our regional language in foreign countries is not patriotism, eating in an Indian restaurant in a foreign land is not patriotism, proving our country to be the best is not patriotism. These are the things we do for our own satisfaction.
In this Covid-19 time, the things we can do to show our love towards our country is following the rules. Like not going out of our houses, using masks whenever we have to go out, using sanitizer in public places after touching anything and not socializing much. These rules are for our own safety so we should obey them. CORONA is not your relative that it will leave you.
Here the question also arises that what the government can do to increase the feeling of patriotism in young children?
- The answer is that they can bring up the concept to teach children more about our culture and heritage in a young age so that they will know more about their own country. The more they will know about our own country the more they will respect the people who sacrificed themselves for their country.
- They should be taught to respect other people’s opinion, their religion or their country. They should be taught to be humble.
I know these are the basic things which are taught in every school but you can see yourself that nothing is happening. The way children are taught all of this is having no effect on them. Teachers should also change the way to teach their student in order to get better results.
Government should provide more opportunities for students so that they will stay in their own country for further studies/jobs and not think of going in other countries for it. If students will be provided with better opportunities in their own country and respect that they deserve in their workplace then why they would even think about leaving their own country.
The root cause of everything is corruption which snatches away the rights of a suitable deserved person and gives it to someone who doesn’t even deserve it.
At last I would just like to say that people make the country and it is on us what image we want to create of our own country. Jai Hind!